It’s estimated that there are about 6 million auto collisions in the United States each year. Of this 6 million, significant portions of people experience an injury that can sometimes lead to disability. If you’ve recently been one of 6 million people in the U.S. who have been involved in a car accident and you’ve experienced a neck or upper back injury, you should weigh your treatment options.
To learn more about the potential causes of neck and back pain after a car accident and how you can get treated for it, keep reading below.
What types of injuries can cause neck and back pain after a car accident?
- Herniated discs.
What types of treatment are available for those who are suffering from neck and back pain after a car accident?
- Physical therapy — Physical therapy is one of the most recommended and effective treatment options for someone who has been injured in a car accident. Physical therapists can help guide patients through the treatments that will have them feeling more comfortable and in less pain.
- At-home exercise — Another method for dealing with neck and back pain after a car accident is to perform gentle, at-home exercises. Your physical therapist can recommend the right movements for your health. Be careful not to perform any sudden or vigorous activity to avoid causing further harm.
- Surgery — Surgery is one option for those who have pain caused by an auto accident, but it’s usually only suggested by a physician in the instances where the more conservative options fail to work.
Why should you choose physical therapy to treat your neck and back pain caused by a car accident?
- Relieves pain — One of the primary benefits of getting physical therapy for any injury is that it can contribute to pain relief. Physical therapists are highly trained in providing treatment within a person’s pain threshold so that they may then begin experiencing reduced pain. They can address your symptoms by treating the cause at its root. PTs also know techniques that can help reduce inflammation and thus, pain.
- Improves range of motion — Another major benefit of getting physical therapy for your injury is that it can help improve your range of motion. If the range of motion in your neck and back has suddenly become limited as a result of your car accident, a physical therapist can help. They’ll guide you through a series of intentional movements and exercises to improve your flexibility and strength so that you can move more comfortably.
- Prevents long-term injury — Physical therapy treatment can help prevent long-term issues that could arise if you were to skip treating your injury altogether. When you ignore the pain that comes from your neck and back after a car accident, you’re essentially setting yourself up to deal with issues that could persist or worsen over time. PT can help you nip those issues in the bud and potentially avoid future problems.
Forever Fit Physical Therapy & Wellness is ready to help you treat your neck and back pain brought on by a car accident
Our team at Forever Fit Physical Therapy & Wellness can offer you a physical therapy experience that is catered to you. We value our patients so much that we strive to provide each one with a personalized treatment plan that adapts to their individual lifestyles, habits and future goals. If you’re wondering why your neck and back are feeling painful and resting them just isn’t working well enough for you, we can guide you through the treatment plan you need to effectively manage your condition. We will work with you toward the relief you’re looking for at any one of our several locations. We can help you get through your pain while improving your range of motion, so you can get back to doing the things you love.
During each of your physical therapy sessions, our physical therapists will navigate you through your treatment with compassion and care. We’re dedicated to determining that you are doing each one of your exercises and movements with precision for the best possible results. We can provide you with the tools you’ll need to manage your condition on your own, long after your sessions are over.
Are you ready to take the first step toward finding relief from your neck and back pain after your car accident? Do you want to learn more about this condition and how we might go about treating it? Don’t hesitate to call us and start taking back control of your pain. Even if the effects of your car accident have been long lasting, the right physical therapy treatment for your neck and back pain can be too.
Contact our team today for more information or to schedule an initial appointment.